Tuesday, July 12, 2011

World of Snakes

Last week we went to the World of Snakes park.  I was honestly underwhelmed, mostly because I'm not that into snakes.  There were some cool exhibits, I got some decent pictures and some really interesting information, but by far the best part was the bird.

During the first week of classes at the ICLC, one of my instructors said my name really funny.  My name here is pronounced Cleeton, basically, and the way she said it this one morning made her sound like a grumpy old teacher catching a student with gum in his mouth.  It became a running joke in our group, among the teachers, even my host mom, to belt out CLEEE-TON, every time they saw me.

So we're getting ready to leave the World of Snakes when all of a sudden a parrot from somewhere, and I don't know if this was just cosmic luck or if he heard one of us say it, starts calling out, "CLEEE-TON".  It was so funny, everyone was laughing.  And he would not stop.  CLEE-TON!!!  CLEE-TON!!!!  CLEEET!  I was laughing so hard I was crying, couldn't breath, and had to be helped down the path from the entrance.  You could still hear him down the road.

CLEE-TON!

No comments:

Post a Comment